Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

Romeo and Juliet-SLJ

For this activity, we would like you to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’ - the version of English that Shakespeare used to write his plays. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning in regular (2019) English, and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English.
On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your recount.
Here is an example:
This morning I got up early when my daughter Laila woke up. We had a delicious breakfast of steaming hot porridge before heading out the door to start the day. It was cold, sunny and clear outside.
This m'rning I did get up early at which hour mine own daught'r Laila did wake up. We hadst a delicious breakfast of steaming hot p'rridge bef're heading out the doth'r to starteth the day. T wast bitter cold, sunny and cleareth outside.
SO HERES MINE!
This morning I woke up feeling very sleepy , so I went on my Chromebook to see what the task are on summer learning journey to keep me from going back to sleep. After watching some movies I got up and changed into my colorful clothes .

This m'rning i did wake up humour v'ry sleepy , so i wenteth on mine own chromebook to seeth what the task art on summ'r learning journey to keepeth me from going backeth to catch but a wink.  Aft'r watching some movies i did get up and hath changed into mine own col'rful robes

2 comments:

  1. Talofa Lillian,

    I enjoyed reading your Shakespeare translation. It’s quite a fun thing to do isn’t it - after I read yours I went and tried it out myself!

    Your colourful clothes sound cool, I love wearing lots of different colours too! Have you got a favourite item of clothing?

    Thanks for posting,
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.