Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Discovering Aotearoa -SLJ

For this activity we would like you to think about your own experiences and your own cultural background. Where does your family come from? Do they come from Europe like Abel Tasman, Polynesia like Kupe, or somewhere else?
On your blog, please tell us about your cultural background. Where do you and your family come from?

Jacob Roggeveen a Dutchman was the first person to discover the Samoan islands in somewhere in 1722. A french explorer called Louis-Antoine de Bougainville,  who named them the navigator Islands in 1768. Samoa is mostly famous for beaches, mountains, hills and aquatic life. My Family in Samoa lives in Moamoa so clearly that's where I live. In my culture Tattoo is a very big thing in my culture , a mans tattoo and the woman . The men have one where their stomach is and the woman have it on there legs. Plus if you do get a tattoo sometimes you would have to do it with buddies.

3 comments:

  1. Ahiahi Mārie Lillian,

    It is Kueni here from the Summer Learning Journey, I work alongside Eliza within the Ako Hiko cluster too. I thought I’d pop over to your blog and check out some of your blog posts.

    Tino Pai on sharing some information about your culture and where your family comes from. It was very interesting to read some of the facts you found out about when Samoan was first discovered, I learned some new things from reading your blog post.

    I am Samoan too and I really like that you have acknowledged how tatau or tattoo is very big in our culture. In Samoa my family is from a village names Leulumoega which is on the island of Upolu. Do you know what village your family is from in Samoa? I would love to learn more about your favourite things about your culture and some more aspects of your culture that are important to you and your family.

    Remember that when you are using information and facts from online that you re-word these when you are writing them into your blog posts.

    Blog soon,
    Kueni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Kueni,

      Its me Lillian I just want to say thank you so much for commenting on my blog and sharing your advice and idea. My family actually lives in Moamoa in Apia . I actually have never been to Samoa to be honest and have never flyed on a plane . But my favorite things to do about my culture is that after church we gather around with family and we spent time together thats the most thing I like about it.

      Thank you so much
      From Lillian .

      Delete
    2. Tālofa Lava Lillian,

      I hope you had a very restful and fun Christmas and New Years. What did you do over the holiday season?

      Thank you so much for sharing a little bit more about you and your family, I really enjoyed learning some more about where you come from. I love that about our culture too! I hope you continue to have a wonderful summer break!

      Tofa Soifua,
      Kueni :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.